Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sale-able


Ruimt Op...Dutch- for a clearance sale...you see the boards everywhere. In all hues and colors. One thing I can't resist is temptation. And a bargain Junkie like me cannot resist a good bargain, despite my steely resolve[well, until I give in to the temptation, the resolve is steely right??]. And after shopping for a while, it gets too scary because you end up with multiple pieces of clothing for a small price. But then, suddenly the resolve starts instigating the guilt and as they say, the last mile of a race is the most toughest. And in this case, the last mile refers to the journey to the billing counter via the other sale counters where "50% off", "60% off" and "70% off" catch you eye. Not to mention the arduous task that lay ahead-that of shortlisting and finalising what you actually want to take to the cash counter to bill and what you want to leave behind. Not to mention the spending budget that I had in mind, before I set out on this shopping trip. And my justification can actually put all famed cryptic theorists to shame. Because I come up with the vaguest of the vague justifications for (not)picking up an item. But then, on hindsight, it has always worked for me because that way, thankfully I dont end up 2 identically colored pieces or clothing or accessories. And my wardrobe can pride itself on engaging all the colours without being partial to any of them.

Well, I guess thats one thing I can feel happy about. I am an able sale/deal spotter and hence the title of this blog..Sale-able. Call it a boon or a bane in some instances. I do have a fairly good eye for picking up good (branded)stuff and for dirt cheap/rock bottom prices. Be it clothes, accessories, bags, shoes or costume jewellery...sometimes I wonder if there is a career in shopping. Where someone lets you know their budget and specifications and you go and shop for them, according to their taste. They save time and effort while you make money doing what you love to do. SHOP!
Well, lets just hope my idea is Saleable!

No comments:

Post a Comment